Barcode Automation for Inventory Management
For companies that utilize core Materials Management (MM) functionality of SAP S/4HANA and ECC 6.0, and do not use the Warehouse Management (WM) or Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) modules, BCC Distribution has the leading real-time, mobilized RF barcode scanning and label printing solution for SAP Material and Inventory Management (MM/IM) applications.
For nearly every manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution application, optimized inventory management is the key to success and maximum efficiency. Tracking inventory levels and stock movements quickly and accurately matters most to reduce errors, eliminate unnecessary manual data collection and data entry tasks, and free up resources to focus on core warehouse needs. At BCC Distribution, we offer the best SAP software and hardware needed to manage your company’s inventory and stay on track to meet your targets.
BCC Distribution has designed, developed, and mobilized over 100 SAP IM RF transactions with individual movement types. These transactions utilize SAP standardization and inventory control best practices to create consistent, real-time data collection screens for the material handlers. Each transaction has been designed for mobility and simplicity, with minimal words that limit the operators’ need for using the keypad (physical or virtual) on a device, such as a mobile Zebra RF barcode scanner, vehicle terminal, or rugged enterprise tablet. This optimization has been designed by BCCD to make our barcoding system approach extremely easy to use for the material handler. These mobilized and automated SAP IM RF transactions have been designed, developed, and optimized through years of real-world application use.
Applying SAP Change Management best practices, BCC Distribution’s TranASAP software also supports customer enhancements or application specific customizations based on a company’s industry requirements (such as MRO, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Chemical, Aerospace, Biotech, Food and Beverage, etc.) or based on the specific SAP software environment. BCC Distibution’s TranASAP and QuickPrint software supports multiple native SAP connectivity approaches, to best match our customer’s immediate requirement and future SAP roadmap: SAP Console using telnet connection, SAP’s recommended RF framework ITSmobile (web browser), and multiple UI5 toolsets for a Fiori design operating only in real-time or supporting Store and Forward connectivity (online/offline and batch-mode).
Key Functions of SAP Mobility for Inventory Management
BCC Distribution has enabled RF mobility for SAP Inventory Management to enable and automate the tracking of physical inventory, goods receipts, goods issues, cycle counts, stock overviews, stock transfers, and several other inventory functions. These IM functions, mobilized and put into the hands of the material handler, provide real-time validation and inventory accuracy to maximize your ability to leverage SAP analytics helping your business improve productivity and efficiencies that directly impact planning, production, shipping, procurement, and more.
- Goods Receipt for a Purchase Order, Stock Transfer Order, Delivery, or Reservation
- Goods Receipt to a Production Order with Label Print
- Cross Docking of Hot Parts (Required for an Open Order)
- On-Demand Printing or Reprinting of Material Barcode Labels, Documents or Forms
- Receiving Including Putting Stock Away (One-Step or Two-Step RF Putaway)
- Moving Inventory IN and OUT of Quality (Unrestricted/Restricted)
- Storage Location (SLoc) to Storage Location (SLoc) Moves
- Goods Issue to an Order, Cost Center, Reservation, or Project
- Back Flushing
- Production Order Confirmation, Receipt, and Label Print
- Barcode Label Design and Printing for Picking
- Picking Inventory for Delivery Automating Part Moves to a Central Pick Location
- Picking Utilizing Handling Unit Management (HU) or Label Pallet Numbers (LPN)
- Plant to Plant Inventory Movements or Transfers
- Outside Vendor Compliance Tracking
- Inventory Inquiry or Stock Overviews (by Location and/or by Part Number)
- Cycle Counting (RF Blind Count / RF Ad Hoc Count)
- Physical Inventory Counting
Sample Mobile SAP ERP IM RF Transactions:
- Goods Receipt with Automated Label Print
- Storage Location (SLoc) to Storage Location (SLoc) Movement
- Goods Issue to Cost Center, Work Order, Project, or Reservation
SAP-Integrated Barcode Label Printing:
- QuickPrint Barcode Label Printing to include SAP Smart Forms, SAPscript, and BarTender.
- Printing “License Plates” Barcode Labels (Pallet HU Labels or Serialized Labels)
- Material Labels with 1D and 2D (2-Dimensional, QR) Barcodes
- GTIN Labels
- Bill of Lading Document
- Pick Slips
- Shipping and Delivery Barcode Labels
- Forms and many others