SAP Gap Analysis & Design Services [Blueprinting]
You’ve implemented SAP ERP software for your warehouse. Operations are running, you have reasonable inventory accuracy, are material handlers are doing their job. But for some reason, your company can’t seem to maintain efficient productivity or consistent inventory overhead to align with customer orders. What are the next steps?
There may be a few factors that are causing this business stagnation. Incorrectly implemented barcoding hardware can cause lag times that increase downtime and inaccurate records. Perhaps the RF software hasn’t been optimized to process the data that your business and SAP environment needs. Another reason is that your company is experiencing a significant gap in SAP software back-end automation or mobile optimization capabilities. Whether with SAP mobility, RF-enabled barcoding solutions, or RFID technology, these gaps and inefficiencies can be reduced or eliminated when you partner with a company that understands the SAP software, barcoding equipment and inventory control best practices, and has implemented hundreds of purpose-built RF scanning and barcode printing solutions for nearly every industry.
Among the various services we provide as leaders in warehouse productivity solutions, we at BCC Distribution offer SAP gap analysis and design services- aka blueprinting. These services allow us to identify where your SAP systems can improve, identify differences in SAP features and/or business processes that your company needs to succeed (gaps), include barcode equipment considerations, as well as designing an ideal solution that mobilizes and automates the warehouse for optimized inventory traceability. Our expert recommendations depend on our blueprinting of your company’s SAP environment AND business processes.
Gap Analysis & Design Considerations
As a part of the analysis and design (blueprinting phase), BCC Distribution will review and analyze the following essential categories/environments:
- Physical Environment: Temperatures, Location Labeling, Indoor/Outdoor, and Regulatory Requirements
- Technical Environment: Network Connectivity, Equipment Requirements, or Existing Software
- Functional Environment: SAP Modules- IM, WM, or EWM, Transaction Codes and Movement Types
- SAP Software Version, Roadmap, and Upgrade Strategy
- Utilization of Quality or Batch Management, FIFO, Serialization, Handling Units, Storage Unit Management, LPN’s
- Inventory Movements and Data Flows
- Inventory Control and Warehouse Business Process Improvements
- Process Validation for Successful System User Adoption
- Vendor or Customer Compliance Requirements
- Return On Investment (ROI) Expectations
BCC Distribution’s Blueprint Deliverables
- SAP Logisitics Mobile Software Transaction Design – Detailed
- Project Scope (Statement of Work)
- SAP Terminology with Clear Descriptions
- Mobile Device Connectivity – SAP ITSmobile (SAP recommended framework), SAP Console, Fiori Design (UI5 App), .NET
- SAP Software Transaction Codes and Movement Types
- Purpose and Use
- Barcode Labels (1D and 2D) and/ Reports Output
- User Prompts, Inputs, and Feedback
- Function Key Utilization (Physical or Virtual Keypad Interaction)
- Screen Logic and Display Designs
- Procedures – Display, Input, Default, Result, Message and Action
BCC Distribution’s detailed technical blueprints are typically accompanied by additional supporting documentation, such as a project timelines and resource utilization, recommendations and proposal(s) for RF equipment, barcode scanners, barcode printers, labels, 3rd party software, warehouse labeling, and WLAN site surveys when applicable.