SAP Mobile RF Transaction for Picking for Delivery with Batch Tracking in SAP Inventory Management (IM)
The purpose of this mobilized and automated SAP RF transaction is to Pick Inventory Materials, with Batch Management, for Outbound Delivery. The SAP RF transaction (t-code) may be MB1B or MIGO with a Movement Type of 303, 313, or 351, but may utilize other SAP t-codes and/or movement types to accomplish various movement-related SAP system tasks. Some warehouse applications require advanced utilization of Delivery Picking such as using Batch Tracking or Management, Stock Transport Order (no delivery), Plant to Plant, etc. An SAP IM Pick, whether using Batch tracking or not, and mobilized for use with a Zebra RF scanner, should be easy-to-use and automated for simplicity and real-time SAP system validation:
- Scan or enter the Delivery number to validate against the Outbound Delivery Order Number in the SAP software. The Zebra RF scanner will display key Delivery data in real-time.
- Scan or enter the Storage Location (Sloc).
- Scan or enter the Material barcode label to verify you’re Picking the right inventory. Then, enter or validate the Batch, in some cases with a date time-stamp.
- Enter the quantity to be Picked via the physical keypad, on-screen keypad, or barcode quantity, with the proper Unit of Measure (UoM). A user confirmation message is displayed if picked correctly.
- User is should then be given an option to print a barcode Delivery label, Route Slip, or similar, to a selectable mobile Zebra printer.
- Each task is validated in the SAP software, in real-time, to ensure the task is performed correctly.
IM Picking SAP RF Transaction Additional Capabilities:
- Refer to WM Picking for Warehouse Management (WM) applications.
- Picking using no Batch tracking, “light” Batch tracking, as well as using Batch Management.
- Picking for Sloc to Sloc Outbound.
- Pick to STO (Stock Transport Orders, and/or no Delivery).
- Picking to Reservation, and for Plant to Plant Transfer.
- Picking to a Pallet or Container using Handling Units (HU’s) or License Plate Numbers (LPN).
- SAP-integrated and automated label printing that is daisy-chained to the MB1B or MIGO transaction to enable printing or reprinting using the Zebra RF Scanner to a Zebra tabletop printer, Zebra mobile barcode label printer, or cut-sheet laser printer.
- Utilization of Liner barcodes and 2-dimensional (2D) barcodes- both scanning and printing of barcodes.
Functionality described is for SAP ECC 6.0® and SAP S/4HANA® end users and leveraging SAP Console, SAP ITSmobile, or SAP Fiori / UI5 platform connectivity, combined with 802.11 wireless (WLAN), as well as certified mobile devices such as Zebra or Honeywell RF scanner and wireless device. Images shown may not depict exact mobilized and automated SAP RF transaction or actual Zebra RF barcode scanner, as software and equipment and labeling may vary from end-user to end-user based upon software blueprinting, application requirements, and final recommendations.
Best practice standards are vital to create consistent and easy-to-use RF screens for mobile users, as well as to meet corporate requirements for standardization. BCCD designs each IM and WM transaction for mobile RF scanners (handheld barcode scanners, rugged tablets, vehicle terminals, and more) with minimal words and maximum simplicity, optimized specifically to make the mobile SAP RF scanning and barcode printing system extremely easy to use for the operator. BCCD’s TranASAP solution is developed for real-time, directly-integrated architecture, using the above SAP-certified software development platforms and connectivity tools.
Contact BCC Distribution to illustrate how RF scanning and barcode printing automation can optimize SAP ECC 6.0® and SAP S/4HANA® Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, and Extended Warehouse Management specific to your Inventory Movement process for manufacturing, warehousing, and/or distribution operations.